Gunnison County Metropolitan Recreation District
Request for Proposal
Website Redesign & Development
This Request for Proposal (RFP) is for redesign and development services for a new website for the Gunnison County Metropolitan Recreation District (District).
RPF Posted: January 1, 2020
Responses Due: 5:00 PM January 31, 2020
Send any questions on the RFP and proposals to:
Goal for new website launch: March 13th, 2020. If you are unable to meet this timeline, please indicate in your proposal.
The Met Rec District is a special District of the State of Colorado. Special Districts are a form of local government developed to provide certain municipal-type services in rural and unincorporated areas. The Met Rec District was formed in 1978 to provide free over-the-air television service to the District’s constituents. In 2000, the District’s mission was expanded, allowing it to operate as a full Park and Recreation district.
Today, our mission is to provide high-quality-over the air TV service and strategic leadership that leverages innovative partnerships to accomplish vital recreation opportunities for our communities.
Our audience consists of regional recreation stakeholders and the general public residing within the District’s service area (most of Gunnison County and a small portion of Saguache County). Recreation stakeholders include municipalities, non-profit organizations, and other entities engaged in promoting and providing recreation opportunities to Gunnison Valley residents.
New Website Objectives
Internal Focused Objectives:
1) Facilitate easy access for content updating for District staff with the implementation of a user-friendly content management system (CMS).
- It is integral that the District staff have the ability to easily upload new content to the site.
2) Provide ability for the easy development of a forms management system to facilitate information collection from website visitors. For example, a platform to collect information about television system outages, such as viewer location, channel(s) experiencing issues, types of issues (i.e. pixilation, ‘no signal’/black screen, audio interruption, freezing), when the issue was first observed, etc.
External Focused Objectives:
1) Our website’s number one objective is to provide easy access to information for our constituents and partners about the District’s services. This includes:
- Information on the District’s recreation focus areas (i.e. collaborative projects and funding opportunities).
- Clearly articulated and well displayed information about the District’s over-the-air television service (i.e. areas served, available channels, instructions for how to receive District signal).
- A Social Media link to the District’s Facebook page
2) A second objective is for the District’s website to serve as a platform for upholding maximum transparency by making accessible the following items (not an exclusive list):
- All required District information
- District Service Plan and Service Area Map
- District Planning Documents
- Meeting Schedule
- Meeting Agendas, Minutes and Board Packets
3) A third objective is to share information on the Met Rec District’s past accomplishments and community impact.
- Include information about recreation projects and initiatives supported by the District in the past.
- Include a timeline on the progression of over-the-air television technology and how the District has accommodated the changes.
The District’s current website hosts a myriad of information about the District, its formation, Service Plan, television services, grant funding, and financials. The layout is challenging to navigate and not logical for someone unfamiliar with the District’s mission.
New Website Functionality Requirements
The District’s new website will need:
- A user-friendly content management system (CMS)
- Intuitive, streamlined navigation
While we prefer the most cost-effective solution, all proposals will be considered and weighed based on their merits. Proposals that offer flexibility in billing for non-required elements added to the website after initial launch will also be considered, as we may be able to budget for additional funding for these website elements.
We have writing experience and talent in-house as well as a strong grasp of the appropriate voice and tone for the District’s brand. Your proposal should focus on the implementation of a user-friendly content management system, not on site content.
Please include the following in your proposal response:
- Overview of your company
- Overview of how you will meet our objectives
- Your proposed CMS and why you propose it
- Outline of your website design & development strategy
- Proposed website timeline from kickoff to launch
- Cost estimate for initial website re-design and development as well as on-going maintenance rate. Pricing can include optional elements line-itemed.
- Recent design & development examples
- At least two references
- Any key differentiators about you
- Terms & conditions